Full time (40 hours per week)
Libro.fm makes it possible for readers to buy audiobooks from their local, independent bookstore of choice. As a Social Purpose Corporation, we’re committed to doing all we can to get more people reading. Our team is passionate about books, local communities, and the vital role that bookstores play in communities around the world.
General job description:
You will be joining our small but mighty team of four developers. The team works on adding new features to and maintaining the website, mobile APIs, and content management system. This role will impact all aspects of the business, so the ideal candidate would be excited to take on all sorts of challenges and responsibilities and is passionate about our mission.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about working collaboratively. You will work across teams to create and implement new functionality and systems, and lead projects from design to deployment. The right candidate will be willing to participate in pair or group programming, and cooperatively dive in and troubleshoot issues that arise.
Experience and skills:
- 5+ years design and development experience with web frameworks, with at least 2 years of Ruby/Rails
- Database experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- API design
- Version control (git)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
Nice to have:
- Cloud provider or AWS experience
- Audio formats
- Platform internationalization
- Project management
- Excitement about emojis
Note: If you don’t meet 100% of these requirements but think you’d be a good fit, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k plan with company match
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Annual office supply reimbursement
- Annual continuing education budget
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote
- Salary range: $170-$210k