It was incredible to see our customers’ support for Black-owned bookstores on Juneteenth 2020, but this was only meant to be the beginning.
Libro.fm is committed to doing the work: amplifying BIPOC voices, diversifying our small team as we grow, evaluating our partnerships, and pushing for change within the book industry. We are looking back with an awareness of how we’ve fallen short in the past, in order to take action as we move forward.
Actions Libro.fm is taking to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion:
- We will actively recruit and hire BIPOC team members as we continue to grow.
- We will prioritize audiobooks by BIPOC authors by regularly sharing pre-orders and new releases on our channels. We invite you to explore this list of 2020 releases by BIPOC authors.
- We will feature BIPOC-operated bookstores and BIPOC booksellers on our social media channels and blog, and will actively seek these voices out to share with the larger community.
- We will focus influencer outreach to BIPOC creators exclusively for the remainder of the year, and ensure that future programs featuring creators include at least 50% BIPOC.
- We will advocate for BIPOC authors in our interactions with our publishing partners, requesting more BIPOC author representation across Audiobook Listening Copies (ALCs).
- We will evaluate current and future partnerships for inclusivity.
We hope that the actions we are taking show our intentions, and we also acknowledge that this work will never be “done.” This is an evolving list of actions that we’re taking as a company, and we invite dialogue, questions, comments, and suggestions from our community. Please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts.